Me vs Colon

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I Look Forward to After Surgery

1. Not waking up every morning in pain and being able to sleep in.
2. Not being tired all the time.
3. Being able to go from one place to another without going home to rest in between.
4. Being able to eat a wider variety of things: peaches, tomatoes, pizza, french fries, salad, steak, ice cream, milkshakes, hamburgers, chocolate milk, apples, celery.
5. Parties!!!
6. No more infusions or endless pills.
7. Having a badass scar.
8. Not feeling like I have the flu all the time.
9. Being able to say "I am doing well" when someone asks and really mean it.
10. Staying up late (I get too tired now)
11. Taking walks.
12. Working out.
13. Playing soccer.
14. Going out to eat in restaurants.
15. Taking public transportation and having adventures in the places I live - San Francisco, DC.
16. Not feeling nauseous when I eat.
17. Eating because I want to, not because I have to.
18. Talking about things other than my disease with my friends.
19. Having problems that don't actually matter in the big scheme of things.
20. Seeing my parents happier because they won't have to worry so much about me.

1 comment: